Subject: Re: Dialogues guillotine effect
From: Lance Hargis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:59:41 -0600

When we did Carmelites at Univ of Texas in 1983(back when I was still
telling myself I could sing) the sound was made by sliding a metal bar
down a metal pole which was a portable base for a basketball hoop.  The
pole was welded into an old truck tire wheel with the tire still on it
at the bottom...it was a particularly chilling effect...the metal on
metal grating with the soft but definite thud of the tire sound like the
heavy empty sound of a head falling.

Lance Hargis