Subject: Nilsson
From: John Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:03:12 -0500

For me, a desert island recording is the final scene from Salome that she
sang at the Bing Gala.  It just doesn't get any better than that. Someone on
the list said she sang it at something like 2 am after waiting hours. It is
magnificent.  The house explodes following her last notes.  I also love her
Turandots and her Elektra with Solti.

She is missed.

John

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org