Subject: Re: Jan-Hendrik Rootering
From: Marco Schmid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:22:06 -0500

actually  he also has sung there Hans Sachs since I heard that in Chicago in 1999. Thielemann conducted and Winbergh was Stolzing. I heard him many times in Muenchen in the 80's where he was the house bass. Nothing special about the voice if you ask me and now he seems to be singing big roles like Sachs and Wotan. Would have been better if he would have stayed with Colline and Banquo.

Marco Schmid