Subject: We've reached a new low (was Re: Booing in Opera as Public Sport
From: James Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:38:23 -0500

BoSergio Silva wrote

>> While I do not subscribe to "booing in opera as a
>> public sport" I also do not understand why those who
>> do not support booing tend to attack those who boo.

to which Bob Rideout commented:

>Sergio, and list -
>
>That's simple.  They believe in the adage "Do as I say, not as I do!"

I have been reading and occasionally posting on this list for about five
years; Mr. Rideout's comment has to be the most (1)sanctimonious and (2)
unfounded, personal attack I have yet read.

A shrink would speculate that Bro Rideout has a guilty conscience about some
of the booing which, publicly, he is so proud.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org