Subject: Re: Rigoletto rehearsal at Met today (Wednesday)
From: Vera Vipera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:05:55 EST

In a message dated 12/8/2005 8:23:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

This is  true, but I've been wondering what is the reason for this. The cast
is the  same except for the conductors; Fischer is not such a ticket selling
name  yet, and Domingo isn't such a lousy conductor. Yet, there are zero
tickets  left for the 3 first performances only. Why?

With all due respect to Villazon, Netrebko and Fisch, it is the Christmas
season and zillions of tourists are in New York, they go to the opera, and go to
 stuff they know...Rigoletto is well known and liked. I think that has more
to do  with the sellout then the conductor....

Vera

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org