Subject: Re: Rigoletto at MET
From: Jack Rance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:43:54 -0500

I suspect the flurry of interest in these RIGOLETTO performances is mainly
because of the Netrebko/Villazon combo (perhaps people think they will get
to see these two naked again); it's a popular opera, and NYC is now
experiencing a pre-holiday spike in tourism.

A friend of mine who thinks Villazon is THE tenor for our time feels that
Rolando will be responsible for selling the house over the next few years
just as Placi & Pav used to do. Time will tell.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org