Subject: Re: Rigoletto rehearsal at Met today (Wednesday)
From: Simon Pietraru <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2005 20:23:11 -0500

>BTW, Rigoletto is by far the Met box office hit thus far this season.
>All  three performances are totally sold out, and some singers agents
>can't even  get tickets

This is true, but I've been wondering what is the reason for this. The cast
is the same except for the conductors; Fischer is not such a ticket selling
name yet, and Domingo isn't such a lousy conductor. Yet, there are zero
tickets left for the 3 first performances only. Why?

Simonel (who has tickets for the Fisch prima as well as for the Domingo)

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org