Subject: Re: Zeani teaching, SFeO
From: ariane comstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:51:01 -0500

Suth Florida is blessed that the fabulous Virginia Zeani has settled in
Palm Beach County and is still teaching a few select students.  I had
the privilege of watching a Master Class she gave at the Four Arts, and
was overwhelmed with admiration.  She can take a good singer and with a
few suggestions make him/her into a great artist.  She just celebrated
her 80th birthday, still stunningly beautiful, charming, generous -- and
her voice is still a thing of wonder.

May I add a note on the choice of abbreviation for the Santa Fe Opera?
Perhaps, centered in a Spanish-influenced area, they were well-advised
to reject the acronym SFeO -- "feo", in Spanish, means ugly.

Regards,
 Ariane

"The Young Person's Guide to the Opera"
www.gate.net/~monarch