Subject: Re: Rigoletto-Met Opera-13 Dec
From: Terrence Ellsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:02:23 EST

I have to admit that I hated it so much that I left after the first act. I
haven't left an opera before the end in over 20 years.

Melo was a joke. And not a very funny one. The conducting was perfectly
dreadful. Guelfi barks through the whole thing. Netrekbo was fine but I don't
really think it is a "Gilda" voice.

The MET should be embarassed.

Terrence Ellsworth

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org