Subject: Re: Favorite act
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:03:50 -0500

Well of course you are completely right, Jack.
I just didn't want to be a hog.
But now that I have seen all the responses, I feel much better about
adding the whole (3rd?? 4th?? depending) act of "Don Carlo", the entire
prison scene from "Mefistofele", the entire scene with Butterfly and
Sharpless as he struggles to read Pinkerton's letter(painful I tell you) --
 and her final dying scene (unbearable), the snow-falling 3rd act with
Mimi and Rodolfo saying goodbye, the death scene of "Adriana Lecouvreur",
the poker scene of "La Fanciulla...", the horrifying final scene of "The
Consul", and "The Willow Song" to the end in "Otello."
Stop me, stop me!
Oink, oink!

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org