Subject: Re: Berlioz at 202 Franz and Vaguet
From: Samuel Goldenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:43:13 -0800

Tha cast if Les Troyens at the Opera was:
  Didon Gozategui
  Cassandre Isnardon
  Anna Arne
  Ascagne Laval
  Hecube Dagnelly
  Enee Franz
  Chorebe Rouard
  Hylas Dutreix
Narbal Narcon
  jopas Soria
  Panthee Ezanno
  Priam Mahieux
  Hector Ghost Ernst
  Helenus Soria
  Mercure Bruyas
  Conductor Gaubert

  Sam
"Yoel L. Arbeitman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  In honor of the birth anniversary of Hector Berlioz I have uploaded to

Paul Franz 1919

and Albert Vaguet 1906

each doing "Invocation ? la nature" from La Damnation de Faust. I find them
both most interesting and in the case of Paul Franz the only example he has
left of Berlioz to my knowledge. According to Operissimo Franz was the Enee
in the first "complete" performance of Les Troyens as the Op?ra, this in
1921. I am very surprised that this aria is not included on the Lebendige
Vergangenheit CD which has a lot of Wagner for which he was justly known,
some Meyerbeer and some French opera. I would be happy to hear from anyone
who can fill in the details of the rest of the cast in the 1921 performance.
Wouldn't it be nice for some of us If there were recordings of Berlioz
singing from that time.

For those seriously interested in hearing the files and who don't wanna join
OLWT, I will gladly send the files as MP3s.
Cheers,
Yoel

Der Bach singt voller Wohllaut durch das Dunkel.

http://www.OPERA-L.org

Yahoo! Shopping

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org