Subject: XM Radio and Opera (was: Paris performing edition of VEPRES SICILIENNES on XM Radio)
From: John Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:45:37 -0500

From: "Jonathan Dorsch" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:21 AM
> As a brand new convert to satellite radio.... I'm quickly becoming
> attached to XM Radio and especially the all-classical-vocal channel VOX.
> This is the radio of the future, and BTW the sound is amazing.

Jon's post re: XM is "right on". (Disclaimer: I own some XM stock! Wish I'd
bought it @ $3.00!)

As a result of his comments, I too joined XM on a their trial basis - free
for 3 days!  And have listened (twice) to the LES VEPRES + the other 2
classical channels of XM (there are dozens more!).
Wonderful stuff - and thank goodness for Martin Goldsmith, who left
"Performance Today" on NPR, and who now hosts the Classics channel and
oversees the whole classical show!
In my opinion (based on a recent 5-day rental car with Sirius, the rival,
installed), and now 2-full days of XM's offerings, they seem toi be far
superor in terms of content and range, especially in the opera vien.

Anyone a Sirius convert here with a different testimony?  XM's new payment
includes streaming on-line for the same price as Sirius' basiuc price of
$12.95.

John Webber
Rockville MD & Santa Fe NM

 This is Jon's forwarde message from Martin goldsmith Re: the current
offerings:

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org