Subject: Re: Hunt-Lieberson vs. Larmore
From: Ivy Lin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:35:10 -0500

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:15:30 -0500, Leonardo Ciampa
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And I am NOT trying to start one
>(although opinions being as impassioned as they are on this -- and
>all -- lists ... I can see the peas flying).

I believe you. Food fights, if I remember them correctly, were most common
among grade-school children. Maybe ages 7-11. They are way, way more mature
than you. I'd say you're trying to throw your baby bottle off the high
chair, if you want to get into developmental psychology.

>Of mezzo voices of a similar (some of you said SMALLER) size,
>Jennifer Larmore, though much less “beloved” in certain circles,
>sounds to my ear much more like a singer.

If "singing" is ha-ha-ha-ha-HA-ing her way through Rossini, yes I'd agree,
Larmore sounds to my ears much more like a singer. I've had several Larmore
recordings, and sold them all, because of her "singing."
Ivy

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org