Subject: Re: Lilli Paasikivi
From: Ali Kashani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:59:05 -0500

Hello,

I am new to the list, though I have lurked for a few months and know a few
of the posters from the New York Times Opera Forum.  I thought that this
would be as a good a time as any to dive in...

Like Joseph So, I was most impressed with Lilli Paasikivi's performance in
the Toronto GURRELIEDER performances with Heppner/Gruber/Saraste.  Her
voice has a very fluid, even quality throughout the registers and has a
lovely tone.  What stayed with me most, however, was how moving her
rendition of the Wood Dove's song was.  It was heart-breaking.  She also
wore a ravishingly gorgeous red dress that completed the package.
Saraste, Heppner and Gruber got the biggest ovations on those nights (I
went to both performances), but it was Ms Paasikivi who was my favourite
of the bunch.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org