Subject: Ring Pricing
From: David Michelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:17:29 +0200

Hi listers,

The Copenhagen Ring is launched in its entirety in the spring 2006 and will cost
app. 830, 665, 535, or 350 dollars in subscription. A 10% discount is given to
subscribers; the actual prices are, therefore, somewhat higher. A limited number
of standing room tickets will become available.

The operas are, however, also run throughout the season, but with several months
in between, thus not allowing you the "total" experience of all four operas in a
row. On these nights the tickets are only half of the above-mentioned prices.

The details on casting can be seen below (note: Domingo will only sing a single
Siegmund here and not as part of the cycles).

The Copenhagen Ring is my first Ring, and Die Ring der Nibelungen is slowly but
surely getting hold of me ... :-) However, I am not sure I have even 350 dollars
to spend, not in addition to my other expensive subscriptions (I consider the
standing room for the cycles). So, I thought I'd get some international
perspectives on this... opera-l, of course.

- Do you believe it is much, much more expensive to run the operas in cycles
instead of running them separately?

- What are your experiences with pricing on Ring Cycles?

- How much are you willing to fork out for a Ring Cycle and what do you consider
important when attending a Ring?

- Would any of you... consider going to Copenhagen?

Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

David Michelsen
Copenhagen, Denmark

DIE RING DER NIBELUNGEN IN COPENHAGEN 2006

Conductor: Michael Sch?nwandt
Director: Kasper Bech Holten
Set design and costume design: Marie ? Dali and Steffen Aarfing
Lighting: Jesper Kongshaug
Dramaturgist: Henrik Engelbrecht

RHEINGOLD
Wotan: James Johnson/Johan Reuter
Donner: Johan Reuter/Hans Lawaetz
Froh: Johnny van Hal/Jens Krogsgaard
Loge: Poul Elming/Michael Kristensen
Fasolt: Stephen Milling/Carsten Stabell
Fafner: Christian Christiansen
Alberich: Sten Byriel
Mime: Gert Henning-Jensen/Bengt-Ola Morgny
Fricka: Randi Stene/Susanne Resmark
Freia: Anne Margrethe Dahl
Erda: Mette Ejsing/Susanne Resmark
Woglinde: Djina Mai-Mai
Wellgunde: Ylva Kihlberg
Flosshilde: Hanne Fischer

DIE WALK?RE
Siegmund: Stig Fogh Andersen/Poul Elming/Placido Domingo (April 7)
Sieglinde: Gitta-Maria Sj?berg
Wotan: James Johnson
Br?nnhilde: Ir?ne Theorin/Tina Kiberg
Hunding: Stephen Milling/Christian Christiansen
Fricka: Susanne Resmark/Randi Stene
Helmwige: Ann Petersen/Anne Margrethe Dahl
Gerhilde: Ylva Kihlberg
Ortlinde: Charlotte Meldgaard
Waltraute: Hanne Fischer
Siegrune: Elsebeth Lund
Rossweisse: Elisabeth Jansson
Grimgerde: Elisabeth Halling
Schwertleite: Ulla Kudsk Jensen

SIEGFRIED
Siegfried: Stig Fogh Andersen/Johnny van Hal
Mime: Bengt-Ola Morgny/Ole Hedegaard
Wanderer: James Johnson/Kjeld Christoffersen
Alberich: Sten Byriel
Fafner: Christian Christiansen/Stephen Milling
Erda: Susanne Resmark/Mette Ejsing
Br?nnhilde: Tina Kiberg/Ir?ne Theorin
Waldvogel: Gisela Stille

G?TTERD?MMERUNG