Subject: Re: Thrilling Norma in Amsterdam
From: Greg Keesler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:40:07 -0800

Wow!  I didn't know that Lella Cuberli was still singing - I thought she had retired some years back.

Greg Keesler

Ian Graham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This run had been beset with problems in the casting of the title role.
Nelly Miriciou had been cast as Norma but (it is reported) on the first
night her voice gave out early in the performance and she was replaced
during the performance by Leila Cuberli. By the last performance of the
run (on 28 March) Cuberli had deparetd, Miriciou was in the programme
but, again, Miriciou did not sing.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org