Subject: Re: Muti at the Met - New Met Trio
From: Ray Gouin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:45:21 -0500

On 31 Mar 2005 at 17:50, Lindoro Almaviva wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I have not heard anything about Muti at the Met, but let's be
> realistic here. The Met has a resident Hitler in Gherghiev, do
> you all think there's anough room in that entire building for 2?
> There's no warehouse, no building big enough to house those 2
> egocentric maniacs.
>
> Do you really think that Muti will take 2nd fiddle to anybody?
>
> Lindoro

Dear Lindoro:

I wish that people would stop pre-judging Muti even before he appears at the Met.

Warehouse space or not, there's room not only for two but at least  three in the
house.  At least that's what Muti must think, as he's bringing along some guy named
"Sparafucile" to act as his executive assistant.

Best from Boston.

Ray Gouin
Melrose, MA.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org