Subject: Re: Landi. Land Ho. Euro-trash Sighted.
From: Jay Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:59:48 -0800

The only thing I could find was a Barbiere excerpts disc on LBC-1083 with Landi, Browning, Ruggero cond by Bambochek  Jay

John C Ryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:I
My 1949 edition of the "The Victor Book of Operas" advertises on page 39 a
"Recordama" (sic) of The Barber of Seville on eight 78-rpm records. A
recordama offered records in an album that featured cast photos, recording
photos, plot outline, and other information. RCA charged extra for the
packaging, and the idea was not a commercial success.

The recordama reappeared on one LP during the 1950's and early 1960's on one
of RCA's bargain labels. I did not buy it, and I never heard it.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org