Subject: John Lithgow--not opera
From: William Clayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:26:54 EST

I just spent a delightful time watching my tape of Breakfast with the Arts
from last Sunday wherein John was interviewed.  Probably everyone on the List
knows that he is a remarkable artist and person--18 Broadway shows; Schreck;
Third Rock from the Sun; but I did not know that he has produced and performed on
CDs for kids with symphony orchestras; that he has performed for them at
Carnegie Hall; that he is a successful painter; and that he has written six books
for children with many more on the way.
I have not read anything about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but the two clips
which appeared are engaging as are Lithgow and his co-star.
I apologize to the purists who might object to this content, but I just
thought it was worthwhile to mention someone who has given so much enjoyment in so
many venues to so many people, both young and old.
Bill Clayton
P S:  Passion is on tonight on PBS in New York

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org