TV arts

mrmyster <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:19:35 -0700

text/plain

While my friend Mike Richter disdains it, I find one
other (than he listed) televison classical offering worth
visiting now and then -- Classic Arts Showcase, provided
without charge by the Deutsch Foundation from Calif.
Adolf's Meat Tenderizer money is behind this and it is
on here in Santa Fe on a community station, and can be
found almost randomly in many communities. They
have a web site. Many object to the brief snippits they
offer -- I dont. To see Tebaldi and Bjoerling in the
Boheme Act I duet or one of the arias, or Zinka's
Telephone Hour "Vissi d'arte" is quite OK with me,
or one scene of ballet or one movement of a
concerto. Not ideal but better than nothing. Bored in
a hotel room once in San Miguel de Allende, I turned
on their televison and there it was - I was pleased to
have it. I report this for possible interest, not
endorsement.
JIM/santa fe

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org