Subject: Re: Rodelinda@the Met (with a twist)
From: "John M. Greiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:57:37 -0500

Glimmerglass opera has covered countertenors with mezzos.  I saw them do that a few years ago in (I think, if I'm remembering the opera correctly) Partenope.  It was an opera that had several countertenors cast in it, and David Daniels, the male lead, got sick.  Countertenor David Walker who was the second male lead was then switched over to Daniel's part, and then Walker's role was taken by a mezzo in the young artist program.

Best,

John Greiner

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org