Subject: Fw: Recognizable Voices - Non-Operatic
From: ray gouin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:35:50 -0500

One of my absolute favorites -- Alice Faye.  Her voice could be mistaken for no other.

On the jazz side -- Mildred Bailey.  One of those who proved that you don't have to be black to be a great jazz artist.

Is there a category "saloon singer"?  If so, let's add Sophie Tucker in her prime.

And, back to opera, a name mentioned by others and one of my favorites -- Hina Spani.

Ray Gouin
Melrose, MA.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org