Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: Peg315 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:09:40 -0500

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

    Andras Schiff (1953).
    Domenico Trimarchi (1940).
    Bruno Prevedi (1928-1988).
    Michael Tilson Thomas (1944).

Let us remember the following artists who passed away on this date:

    Neils Gade (1817-1890).
    Judith Raskin (1928-1984).
    Nathan Milstein (1904-1992).

The quote for today is a recollection by Nathan Milstein: "We used to
stay in the same hotel in Hollywood and would meet for breakfast.  Ever
since I was a child, I had always believed that inspired, creative
people were not like ordinary human beings.  Then I saw Prokofiev eating
bacon and eggs for breakfast, the fat spattering over his clothes, the
foam gathering at the corners of his mouth.  He had such full-blooded
lips that you had the feeling that if you squeezed them blood would come
spurting out.  It was not a pleasant sight.  I looked at him and
thought, 'It's not possible.'  Well, it was possible.  Probably
Beethoven was the same."  Nathan Milstein.  As graciously provided by
Mrs. Mickey Dove with my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for her
contributions.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday boys for today and all
forum members who share their birthday with them.

JUSSI LIVES and RULES!!

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
Morituri te Salutamus