Subject: Tito Gobbi Master Classes on Rigoletto
From: Verizon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:17:40 -0500

Rigoletto Live Master Classes

The release of the publication, "Rigoletto Live Master Classes," is the
first opera offered in the multi-media collection entitled, "The Tito Gobbi
Opera Workshop."  This publication presents a fascinating interpretative
series of lessons taken from the workshops given by Tito Gobbi on Rigoletto
between the years 1973 and 1978.

This exciting publishing project of the "Associazione Musicale Tito Gobbi"
began about one year ago with the recovery and digitalization of over 800
hours of live audio recordings of the Master Classes offered by this eminent
baritone.  The complete recordings of these classes offer a unique archive
from which future publications will be produced.

"Rigoletto Live Master Classes" consists of three CDs along with a book of
rare and unpublished photographs, essays and interviews of Gobbi, together
with the complete transcripts of the lessons in the original language
(English), as well as an Italian translation.

In Rigoletto, Gobbi explains and offers suggestions for
the interpretation of the different roles that he sets in
their historical background and psychological dimension.
He teaches the art and the tricks of the theatrical profession,
and provides recommendations to his students for the various arias.  He
sings examples and demonstrates the placement
and projection of the sound for all voice registers.

Listening to these Rigoletto CDs is like attending and participating in a
live opera rehearsal. Gobbiıs demonstrations allow the listener to place
himself in the scene of the opera.
He creates for the listener a visual sense of those elements
that shape the actions of each character in the opera.

All of this is made possible by the extraordinary talents of the man who
rightly earned the title of the "Acting-Voice."

The publication, aimed at those who are involved professionally in the study
of opera or who are opera lovers, may be obtained through the Associazione
Musicale Tito Gobbi.

I think and I believe that itıs my duty to try to transfer to the young
generations what I have been very lucky to to learn in 40 years of career. I
donıt think that the treasure of experiences that I have accumulated has to
disappear with me .

 Associazione Musicale Tito Gobbi
 Via Valle della Muletta 47
 Roma 00123 - Italy