Subject: Re: Is Zarzuela still performed?
From: Christopher Caleffi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:28:09 -0500

....and Luisa Fernanda was just performed at Washington Opera with Domingo this month, so, yes, it is still performed and wonderfully so.  Zarzuela is very much like Viennese operetta, with the charm and elegance with a historical story line. Some poorly informed critics call it "soap opera operetta".....a term which really does it no justice whatsoever -- it is more akin to our musical theater, or musical comedy in the USA.

Chris

Christopher Caleffi

> In June 2003 La Scala produced Luisa Fernanda (by F. Moreno
> Torroba), of course mainly for Domingo.
> Jola

> Wiele prezentów, niskich cen, oryginalnych pomys?ów -
> - wygodnie i w sam raz na gwiazdk? ...bo ju? czas na:
> http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.zakupy.wp.pl%2Fswieta.html&sid=276

> For help on commands, files, pictures, etc., visit the homepage:
>                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
> This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  [log in to unmask]

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  &*TO;