Subject: Re: Barasorda
From: Opera NutVenezolana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:28:42 -0800

Barasorda sang Tristan like I've never heard a Tristan sang before.....it was AMAZING!  I know is the first time he attempted this role and he was really stressed out about it, but I can say, it was amazing!  I can only hope that he gets more and more Tristans in the future.  I heard him singing in Norma and Idomeneo at the Met, both being good but nothing compares to his performance opening night of Tristan in Puerto Rico.  His voice climaxes perfectly for this role and he has the low really seccure, so it's such a delicious thing to hear a Tristan with gorgeus high notes and strong meddle and low.

I hope this gives you a better idea.  I was not a fan of his till now.

Good hollidays everyone
Ana

Cris Sanchez <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi, Friends,
In a recent post one of the members speaks highly of tenor Barasorda singing
Tristan. I would like to know more about him, since anyone that can sing
Tristan well is always next to a miracle as far as I am concerned. But, I must
confess my ignorance. I know nothing about him. Those of you that do, would you
please post something on this tenor. Thanks in advance.
Cris