Subject: Re: When Hermine speaks...THE EARTH TREMBLES!
From: Hermine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:24:00 -0800

>   I assume
>that means you too, Hermine--unless, of course, you're a reviewer by  trade...

I do not write reviews!  I just say what i liked, and in my earnest and
fumbling way, using only  lower case letters of the alphabet, i  most
earnestly try to find the words to make my meaning clear.  I AM BUT A
SIMPLE MAKER OF IMAGES! not a review at all, i would rather clean up after
the elephants!

>If someone does not GET something, it's usually because he/she does not
>agree with the person who proclaims he/she GOT it.

Well, Roberta The  Dense Blogger did not  "get"  La Fanciulla. perhaps she
was disagreeing with herself. Medication is available for that sort of thing.

>  Sounds like artistic  Nazism
>to me.

You do know that Newton's first law of netiquette is the first person to
call another one a Nazi loses, right?

>As for the nonsense that Native Americans were undergoing  genocide, so
>Puccini's librettists had the right to portray them has idiots who  only
>know the
>word, "Ugh"?

Perhaps English is not your native speak. I never said it was OK. if you
can find where i even IMPLIED that it was OK, i will give you a check for
sixteen billion dollars.
Otherwise, i DEMAND SATISFACTION!

>  So if Puccini's librettists were to have  written a story about
>the Holocaust, Jews could be portrayed as only saying  "Ugh" every now and
>then?

Well, hum a few bars and i will let you know.

Most of the Jews I know say 'ugh' quite frequently. I said it about
125,043.7 times while reading your post.

>Hermine, you need to calm down BEFORE you write your Opera-L rants.   At
>least then they'd make sense..

there is no sense in ranting when you are calm!   My WORD, man, of WHAT
were you thinking?????  The very idea of a calm rant belies a basic failure
to understand the underpinnings of our so glorious language!  My favourite
definition is "a boisterous gaiety" which i feel describes me BEST OF ALL!

BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT CHALIAPIN!  I donut understand why we cannot PLEASE
talk about CHALIAPIN.

Rosa Klebbfoot

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  &*TO;