Subject: Rita Hunter's off-air discography
From: David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:50:14 +0000

Dear All,

Rita Hunter was one of the great Wagnerians in recent memory.  However, there are few official recordings with her.  I wonder if anyone could provide a list of complete off-air broadcasts which are preserved.  I only know of two:

- Triatan and Isolde - from Australia with Remedios.  Mackerras conducts.
- Gotterdammerung - a replacement for an ill Nilsson at the MET in 1974.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Shame she made so few recordings - overshadowed by 'starrier' names I suspect.

Plus I remember reading Goodall was unhappy with his Tempi at the ENO and conducted a Walkure in Wales toward the end of his life which was much faster.  Was that performance preserved?

Kind regards + thanks,

David Harbin
Nottingham, UK

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  &*TO;