Subject: Re: Dreadful Miricioiu NOT
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:09:16 -0500

>Last night's Vespri was a sad disappointment, at least as
>far as Miricioiu was concerned.

I didn't find her bad at all, having heard Radvanovsky too,
two weeks ago.  As you say, she was accurate, with more of a
trill than Radvanovsky.  I thought it took her a while to
warm up, but I liked her Bolero far more than Radvanovsky's.
She isn't a beautiful voice, but serviceable and not a
strain on my ears.  That said, I think something was
missing from both performances I saw of Vespri, and I would
love to hear James Levine conduct it.

Jeff

http://mail2web.com/ .

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  &*TO;