Subject: Re: Hermine's Rant/ Privacy issues
From: William Fregosi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:21:52 -0500

At 8:35 AM -0500 11/30/04, Greg Fitzmaurice wrote:
>Personally, I think that this is too public a forum to even suggest
>that what we say here is supposed to be "private".

I agree with Greg entirely and for very good reason.  Some list
members write and ask if a review I have posted or an opinion or
history piece I have written might be forwarded to some person or
other forum. But I am frequently surprised to get responses from
people I do not know--sometimes highly placed performers--concerning
things I have written here that have arrived on their computers by
routes completely unknown to me.

Opera-l is not a private club; it's on the web, as are we and
everything we say.    If you don't believe me, just Google yourself.
Everything you have ever written that is in the archives will appear
before you in a split second.  This fact should be remembered every
time we write.

Bill Fregosi

--
William Fregosi
Technical Coordinator for Theater Arts     Ph: (617) 253-0862

        I live through risk.  Without risk, there is no art. You should always
        be on the edge of a cliff about to fall down and break your neck.

Carlos Fuentes

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  &*TO;