Subject: Re: Hermine's Rant/ Privacy issues
From: Greg Fitzmaurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:35:36 -0500

<< Whether her comments were right or wrong, Hermine has all the
right in the world to feel betrayed. There are still people in
this forum that do not understand that although we are over 1500
members, this is still a private forum and that the opinions we
express are not to be shared with outsiders. It's like your
friends discussing YOUR sexual life or lack thereof!

Personally, I think that this is too public a forum to even suggest that what we say here is supposed to be "private".  If the membership were smaller and if there were some regular notification that posts are not to be forwarded to others, there might be some chance of maintaining some privacy, but of course there isn't.

So simply put, I would never post something to Opera-L that I would regret having sent outside of this forum.  Hermine and others may rant all they wish, but if they are expecting "privacy" to do and say things that they might later regret having anyone else read, they probably should do it elsewhere.

---
Greg Fitzmaurice
Durham, NC