Subject: Re: Self Doubt
From: James Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:09:05 -0500

Joe Black wrote:

Singing is the only profession in the world where we do a hell of a lot of
work and make it look simple as pie.

This is very much in the running for a prize as the silliest remark EVER
posted on Opera-L

I cannot think of a profession or skilled trade where the best practitioners
DON'T make it look easy: watch a good trial lawyer conduct a
cross-examination, or leave the courthouse and watch a skilled bricklayer
putting up a wall.  I could do that,one thinks - and yeah, you could, sorta.
 I've done a lot of cross-examinations, and the best ones looked easy - but
they weren't - and I've laid some block, not particularly well, and it
wasn't easy, and isn't for anyone, until maybe you've worked at it half a
lifetime

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org
This OPERA-L e-mail was delivered to:  &*TO;