Subject: Re: Kathleen Battle/accompanists
From: Jeffrey Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:06:15 -0400

> From: Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>

> In all, I suspect that Ms. Battle's solution was better than Francois
> Truffaut's: "Shoot the Piano Player". <G>

In the twenties the American pianist George Antheil was giving recitals
in Europe of his own works, and, after noisy audience reactions and
mid-concert departures at the first of a series, he famously began the
next evening by locking the doors and putting a revolver on the piano
top.  Maybe what Ms. Battle needs is simply a discrete Derringer
to keep everyone in line.

Jeff

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org