Subject: Re: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: Kathy Ronhaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:19:05 -0700

On Oct 16, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

> As a matter of fact, every baritone with good English should sing the
> Robert Louis Stevenson set of songs. Terfel's version is one of my
> favorite
> recordings. (CD is "The Vagabond.)

I like Terfel's recording too, but Gerald Finley's is even better, in
my opinion.  The "Whither must I wander" is one of my favorite tracks
in my entire CD collection.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be
readily available anymore (although looks like Arkivmusic has it, "low
stock").

-kr (flying to NY next spring to see Finley's Don Giovanni!)

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org