Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: Bob Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:23:57 -0400

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

    Margreta Elkins (1936).
    Gino Bechi (1913-1993).
    Henry Lewis (1932-1996).
    Dmitrik Hvorostovsky (1962).

Also, Kodaly's "Hary Janos," and Copland's "Rodeo" premiered on this
date in 1926 and 1942, respectively.

Let us remember the following artists who passed away on this date:

    Jorge Bolet (1914-1990).
    Vittorio Gui (1885-1975).
    Jan Sweelinck (1562-1621).
    Arthur Grumiaux (1921-1986).

CORRECTION: Yesterday I posted Haydn's "La Fedelta Premiata" as
premiering on 15 October 1780.   The correct date for its premier is 25
February 1781.  My apologies for this error.

The quote for today is: "Listening to the Fifth Symphony of Ralph
Vaughan Williams is like staring at a cow for 45 minutes."  Aaron
Copland.  As graciously provided by Mrs. Mickey Dove with my heartfelt
thanks and appreciation for her contributions.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today and
all forum members who share their birthday with them.

JUSSI LIVES and RULES!!

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
Morituri te Salutamus