Subject: Re: Regina recording
From: Jon Alan Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Oct 2004 06:50:29 -0400

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Greg Berg wrote:

> ...she is having trouble tracking down any sort of recording of it,
> audio or video.  Before I expend any time trying to search myself, I
> thought I would ask if anyone on the list can let me know if there's a
> recording to track down.

Both recordings are written up (by Conrad L. Osborne) is THE METROPOLITAN
OPERA GUIDE TO RECORDED OPERA. The earlier (Columbia) version has never
appeared on CD, but as has been mentioned can sometimes be found in
used-LP shops. The more recent Decca/London CD recording comes up via a
quick search on Amazon, where one may try to order it used; it has a
waiting list of 3 purchasers on US Amazon, and one on UK Amazon.

The text of the two recordings is interestingly different, the Columbia
representing one of several "revisions" Blitzstein made when the work was
revived by NYCO.

Jon Alan Conrad
Department of Music
University of Delaware