Subject: LINDA DI CHAMOUNIX (Re: Kathleen Battle in Buffalo)
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:06:55 -0400

In fact the Met staged LINDA DI CHAMOUNIX (quite an interesting semiseria piece,
actually, those who know only "the" aria might want to check out the Devia
recording) in the 1933-34 and 1934-35 seasons for Lily Pons, Gladys Swarthout,
Richard Crooks, Giuseppe de Luca and Ezio Pinza under Tullio Serafin. Not too
shabby an assemblage.

--David Shengold

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org