Subject: Re: Gay Opera Blog?
From: Jeffrey Collord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:36:40 -0500

Jeremy,

(who wrote: "And what about all us straight opera
queens who can sing an E-flat??")

You can be an honorary gay opera queen!

But what about us gay opera queens who can sing an E-flat
but AREN'T YOUNG?

Can't win.

If I DID have a gay opera blog, today I would write that I
am listening to my Opera D'Oro recording of Marschner's
Der Vampyr in honor of Halloween and am just loving it. It
seems every year I enjoy this opera more. Does it not work
on stage? Or why isn't it done? There's an especially wonderful
aria in Act II sung on this recording by Anna Tomowa-Sintow.

Jeff Collord - Chicago