Subject: Personal Lives of Opera Stars
From: Jay Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:05:33 EDT

I like the opera. I have many favorite singers. But I know nothing about
these people, aside from the bare facts in the theater program.

In the meantime, I know more than I want to know about Britney, Mary Kate and
legions of other people whose work I have never seen, and never want to see.
Every night I fall on my knees and pray that I will never, ever heard another
word about someone named Madonna.

But I confess curiousity about my favorite singers. Are they singing well/not
well? Have they changed teachers? Been fired? Been divorced? Suffered from
ill health?

I see these people once or twice a month. Although they are familiar
presences, I don't know anything about them!

Could we get more gossipy here? Or you someone direct to some site where I
can learn more about my favorite singers?

This request is bound to upset some higher-minded people on this list. Every
day, I become more lower-minded...

Jay Fahey

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org