Subject: Re: Problems in Domingo's Vocal Technique
From: Mike Fekula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:19:47 -0500

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:42:16 EST, "Premiere Opera" <[log in to unmask]>
said:
> Sorry, but Domingo *never* had excellent high notes, and I think even he
> would be the first to admit this.
>
> Just by repeating things that may go unrefuted by others, out of sheer
> boredom, Jake seems to assume that this validates his statements.

Ed, you are in no position to talk here in re: Domingo. Nobody on this
list has spent more energy criticising Domingo than you have. You have
been doing it ever since I joined the list and I am told you have been
going on with it for years before that, acting out your personal issues
with the man. I am not even going to get into the issue of how good
Domingo is in comparison with others because it really doesn't matter.
The obvious fact is that you have issues with him and the mere fact that
you spend so much time on the subject says more about you than it does
about Domingo. You have been told this by me and by others many times and
you insist on continueing. You are not fooling anybody and in fact,
reveal yourself to have some kind of wierd fetish over Domingo. I
acknowledge that 1) Domingo isn't perfect; nobody is, not even your
beloved Tucker, and 2) you do have some interesting and informed things
to say on other issues. But when you accuse somebody else of having a
blind spot on Domingo, I am almost convulsing in laughter. The blind spot
is your own petty resentments, which you refuse to let go of, and at this
point, I guess will probably go to your grave with you. The problem...no,
the fetish is yours. I hope it at least gives you some kind of sick
pleasure in your autumn years.

Mike Fekula
Washington, DC.
--