Subject: Caruso v Contemporary/Re: Pavarotti Ranking
From: maureen kirsten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:58:23 -0700

I've always just accepted that Caruso was God, then it came to me that I'd never heard him -- except for very old one-sided 78s and "remastered" CDs.  Has anyone on this List heard Caruso live?    Curiously, who might that be, and has he/she a statement on file certifying the pre-eminence?

[This is beautiful-Friday-afternoon-thinking:  Is there a way to AGE the recordings of our current favorites in order to fairly compare them with Caruso?]

NO FLAMES, PLEASE...

MaureenK