Subject: The latest VOX update.
From: Rpbert A Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:49:09 -0600

Here is the latest Vox update.

Robert Petersen

[ Sorry if this is a repeat--I'm just getting the kinks out of this
system so we can have regular updates!]

Dear Friends of VOX:

As you can see by the late-minute "bait & switch", we had a Haydn opera
on the 31st for his birthday (La Fedelta premiata).

So, Saturday at noon eastern and NEXT Wednesday we'll have our regularly
scheduled BBC program, the all-Prokofiev celebration (with Alexander
Nevsky, Betrothal in a Monastery, and Story of a Real Man).

Thursday's Wagner is the second work, Das Liebesverbot, and the Ohio
Light Opera production of Princess Ida.

Caught up in our Scandinavian fervor, we have the first Danish national
opera, Kunzen's Holge Danske, the first national comic opera, Weyse's
Sovvedrikken (funny plot), then moving to Norway, the lovely Sinding work
Der heilige berg. That will be Friday the 2nd at noon and Saturday at 6
pm (all times eastern).

Don't forget the repeat of our other great Norwegian find, the fabulous
Trio Mediaeval--it will start 9:35 am Sunday, but I think I'll repeat it
Sunday evening at 9:35 pm as well--it's too great to miss. It will be
preceded by a Lenten concert recorded live by our friends The Suspicious
Cheese Lords--I think you'll love it!

Watch for April 13th--we have a special Angela Gheorghiu program with an
interview from our BBC correspondant, Jon Tolansky, talking about the new
"Diva" album. I'll always try to give you all a "heads-up" for other
specials along the way!

And, by the way, thanks for all the great support and many kind comments!

Robert Aubry Davis

Program Director, VOX

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org