Subject: Re: CD shops/London
From: Michael Kenward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:17:35 +0100

> Second the vote for MDC!!!
> Based on Ivy's Trovatore recommendations I was able to select from,
> seemingly, about 35+ recorded versions. Worth the trip.
>
> Jessica Doerr
> School for International Training
> Brattleboro Vermont

I browse in MDC to see what is available and to kill time. But I never buy
there except for the bargains.

The name MDC is supposed to stand for Music Discount Centre.

"Music," yes.

"Centre," possibly, but a bit small for that to stick properly. (HMV Oxford
Street (North Side) and Tower (Piccadilly Circus) are much bigger.)

"Discount," only if you want cut outs and other stuff. New releases are as
expensive as anywhere.

MDT, which does mail order, comes on around 40 per cent less than MDC.

MK

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org