Subject: Re: Cavaradossi at the Met 3/6/04..Will he or won't he sing?
From: "L. Dominguez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:15:56 -0500

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:43:28 -0800, Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Rather than suffer the limitations and the pain of performance, might not
>Luciano again find himself unable to sing? Granted, the tone of the post
>speculating on the possibility was unkind, the question is still on the
>floor and far from irrelevant.

Even the NYT has taken a suspicious view in bringing up Pavarotti's Tosca
farewell extravaganza at the MET:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/29/weekinreview/29week.html

and I think it valid to ask whether things will go as scheduled.  The
three Tosca's have sold out months ago despite Vaness and Ramey, and it
would cause much dismay in New York and the city's press if Pavarotti
doesn't make it to at least one.  Probably a more appropriate question
would be, which one?

Love to all,
Leon Dominguez
NYC