Subject: Re: Dalukhanova's LA CENERENTOLA
From: Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:43:20 -0000

On 29 Dec, Michael Barclay asked:
"Does anyone know more of this history of this recording? Was it ever on
Russian LP's? Cd's? remastered?"

I don't know about LP, but it certainly made it to CD: I have it on MYTO 983 HO18, duration 125
minutes.

It's also on Mike Richter's CDRom 'Opera Russe' in his Audio Encyclopedia series (AE207) along with
a complete 'L'Italiana in Algeri' with her.

She is a fascinating, big-time singer: I saw her at a London recital about 40 years ago.

Late in her career, she seems to have strayed into the soprano repertoire: I have her in two of the
Strauss Four Last Songs (does anyone know if the complete cycle exists?) plus In quelle trine
morbide, Ritorna vincitor, Senza mamma, Willow song, all in Italian and with Rozhdestvensky
conducting.

We sorely need a discography of her (Larry Lustig- are you listening?)

regards to all

Brian Morris (London,England)

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org