Subject: Hunt-Lieberson and Opernglas
From: jwance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:49:29 -0600

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about Hunt-Lieberson's management.  I should add that it has nothing to do with the current thread regarding the amount of music on the Bach CD.  I have purchased said CD for $14.99 at Tower and, as I got exactly what I was wanting (the two Bach Cantatas), am quite happy.  It might have been nice if they had squeezed another onto the disc, but that wasn't really the point of the recording, now was it?

On a separate note, I wonder if anyone can help me in obtaining a subscription for Das Opernglas here in the US?  There is a distributor in NYC that handles American subscriptions to the more popular periodicals (Der Spiegel, etc.), but they do not carry Opernglas.  Does anyone know if there is an American distributor, or would I have to contact the publisher in Hamburg (or wherever...I forget)?  At the moment, I have to pick up the latest edition when I am in Hooterville....err....Dallas.  The Tower store there carries it.  Any ideas?

Happy New Year to al!
Jeremy
AIM and Yahoo Screen-name: jeremywance
And I, tiny being,/ drunk with the great starry/ void,/ likeness, image of/ mystery,/ felt myself a pure part/ of the abyss./ I wheeled with the stars./ My heart broke loose with the wind.
--Pablo Neruda

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org