Subject: Met Ring Seating Question
From: Elden Dale Golden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:00:05 -0500

Back in November my wife and I ordered tickets to the Met Ring Cycle III.
We have never seen the Ring and were hopeful and excited about the
possibility of attending.  This week we received confirmation of our
tickets.  I requested seats in the Balcony but our tickets instead are for
the last row of the Family Circle, just in front of the standees.  I have
been told that the sound in the Family Circle is wonderful but the sight
lines are not the best and portions of the staging are lost, such as the
Rainbow Bridge at the end of DAS RHEINGOLD.  My question is just how
difficult is it to see?  How much is lost? Should we be disappointed or
should we be thankful just to get tickets since we are not Met donors,
Guild members, or subscribers.

Dale Golden
Louisville, Kentucky

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org