Subject: Brief Bach from Lorraine Hunt Lieberson - a follow up
From: David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:00:59 +0000

Dear All,

Eariler in the year I complained that the Bach CD from
Lorraine Hunt Lieberson was poor timing at about 51
minutes.  There was little sympathy for my plea for a
better filled CD.  I said that it was not a question
of quality vs quantity but more quality.  I'd like to
hear much more of Lorraine Hunt Lieberson (or am I
being greedy?) I also said it was a waste when so many
musicians want to promote their art to current
listeners and future generations that so much empty
space (almost half an hour) is left.  The CD was based
on performances so surely extra material could have
been included.

Anyway, I am even more disappoited to see the new CD
by the Kronos Quartet / Dawn Upshaw (Berg Lyric Suite,
Nonesuch 7559-796962 medium price) lasts only 26
minutes.  I'm not kidding.

Can the CM recording industry really be in crisis if
such empty space if left?

David Harbin
Nottingham, UK

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org