Subject: russian mezzo of armenian descent
From: k youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Dec 2003 07:18:56 -0600

Chicago station WFMT has been playing George Jellinek's Vocal Scene on
Sunday evenings. Last night's program on Rossini mezzos featured an
artist I've never heard of and whose name I didn't hear correctly. It
sounded something like:

Zara Dolkanova

Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone out there? Jellinek said
she was Russian of Armenian descent. If so I'd appreciate the correct
spelling of her name and a bit of biographical information.

Thanx,

Kurt Youngmann

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org