Subject: Re: Sara Dolukhanova
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:28:59 -0500

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:21:13 EST, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Last I heard, Dolukhanova was still living.  She also recorded a Shostakovich
>14th many years after her recording career had ended.  The voice is not as
>limber and lacks the creaminess of the older reissues, but it's still
>recognizably Doluhkanova.

IIRC Olga Borodina is one of her pupils.
Let's not forget Dolukhanova's fantastic recordings of La Cenerentola and L'
Italiana in Algeri. While definitely not "musicologically correct" they
convey more of the Rossinian spirit than many an antiseptic HIP recording of
the last years.

th.

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org